Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 8...

August 8th, 2011

Hallo!!
So. One more week. CRAZY!! I can't believe that this time next week I'll be in Germany. Oh wait. I'll be on a plane... :( Speaking of Planes!! I got my flight plans!! Yay! So. Pay attention. I need to be up and packed and at the Travel Desk at the MTC by 5:00 AM Monday, the 15th. Then, we go to the SLC airport and our plane leaves at 8:30 AM. We fly from there straight to Atlanta, George (GEORGIA! Zach will appreciate that...) and get there at 2:20 PM Atlanta time. I think. I'm pretty sure though. So then I have a two hour layover and my flight to Munich leaves at 4:25 PM. So I think 2:30 Atlanta time is like 12:30 our time? So BE HOME!! Because I will be calling!! Jenna/Jeff and Kellie/Garrett you better be there too! And Zach and Colby, you can come too :) so please be there! I can't wait to talk to all of you! Oh and I get to Munich at 8:30 AM Tuesday morning. So I'll have a full day of Missionary work ahead of me. Yay! Can you believe it's been 8 weeks?? So crazy. Also, I get another P-day on saturday to pack and do laundry before I leave. So if you need to tell me something before next week, do it and I'll email you back then.
This week has been really good. We got 20 new Germans in on Wednesday. We were supposed to get 21, but the Albanian sister got caught up with her visa for America. But it was still way sweet. We have three elders from England! That makes four in our district! Haha. It's sweet though. It was really cool to be zone leaders for them. We got to do this orientation meeting, and meet with all of them and get to know them. We also got to give them the tour of the MTC and show them around. It was sweet. Also, on Wednesday our district hosted for the new missionaries coming in. We rip them from their parents grasp and throw them into the MTC. Not really. But we were the ones who meet them at the curb and take their luggage and show them where to go and everything. And guess what! I got to host Alex Wright!! And that like never happens. There are so many missionaries coming in on the same day that you hardly ever get to see your friends. But it was awesome! And I saw his family and everything. It was way sweet. He's doing good! Tell his mom that he's still alive.
Mom and Darrell - Thanks for the shirts and the tie!! I only really needed one shirt, but that extra one really helps for laundry and stuff. And that tie is legit. No, we didn't buy that same one. I really like the bright colored ties though.. just in case :) and yeah, that's the same address that you will use for when you send me stuff in Germany. Everything gets sent to the Mission Home and dispersed from there. Oh and I found another scripture to use. Mosiah 28:3. It's a good one. Not as good as that other one though... and I don't have a map of my mission for the thing. Could you call the MTC and see if they can send you one? Because I have no idea. I just know that it covers all of Austria, Southern Germany up to like Stuttgart, and most of Switzerland over to Bern. But I'll try to find an actual map.
Jenna - I didn't get an email from you this week, but I'm assuming all is well. And I'll talk to you on MONDAY!! AGH! Any word on that Preach My Gospel idea thingy? Just wondering. If it's too much work don't worry about it...

Jeff - I did like that picture outside of the MTC! Haha. It was funny. And your German is pretty good! As far as I can tell. Keep it up so we can speak to each other when I get back!
Kellie - That's way cool that you've been with Justin and Tawny. Tell them hi from me! And tell Glenn Congrats!! That's so cool! I really don't need any snacks or anything... But maybe like some fruit snacks for the plane ride? Or anything else you feel like sending me :) Oh! And maybe an Ensign or two to read on the plane? Or some other church magazine. Those are actually fun to read now. Lame, I know....
Garrett - I hope you are still alive. Haha. Love you man.
Zach - Hey man! I hope you got your mission call. And if you didn't, please email this week if you do. Because I can check my email on saturday. So PLEASE DO!
Colby - So don't worry about dearelder anymore. Haha. I only have one more week... I'm so glad you enjoyed the temple! I can't wait to go with you in two years!! And you leave in one month! AHH!! So crazy man. That's really soon! Better get reading Preach My Gospel! Haha.
Justin and Tawny reminded me though. Will you forward this to Kate and her fam? And send me their emails so I can just do it next week WHEN I'M IN GERMANY!! Awesome.
The church is so true! And I love you all so much. Every one of you are in my prayers every single night!
Mit Liebe,
Elder Heinrich
PS - I still haven't seen any pictures from my farewell. So please send me some? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment