Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 11...

August 30th, 2011

Hallo!
ich lebe noch! Germany is amazing! Oh, and P.S. the Z and Y are switched on a german keyboard, and there's also like ä ü ö ß and stuff like that. So don't judge my spelling. :)

This was a good week! We were busy like every day all day. We met with some more refugees from Nigeria and places like that in the refugee Heim. And we have two more people with a baptismal date! We're rockin it out here. Tuesday, we took a train to Ulm and had district meeting with the other elders and sisters in our district. In Ulm is the World's tallest church tower! It's massive. We're going to go there one P-day so I'll get pictures. (Oh! Speaking of pictures, I'm uploading all the one's I've taken to my dropbox website right now and I'll just give you all the address of where you can get those.)

Then we met with a man named Herr Kerger, who is legit. He dresses like a traditional german and rides his bike around like he owns the place. He's like 68 and has all these crayz views of the bible and on weird religious things. But don't worry, we'll dunk him :) Haha. So that was pretty much Tuesday.

Then on Wednesday we took a train to Swäbisch Gmünd and met with a man called John and his family. We met with John by himself last week and we set a baptismal date for October 1st. We met with his wife and 3 kids this time and talked about the Plan of Salvation and how families can be together forever. They loved it, and are going to come to church next week! I'm way excited for them. Then we met with Abduhl from Nigeria who lives in Ellwangen by us. We read in the bok of mormon and stuff. And he may have had 2-Pac on in the background. Haha.

Then Thursday we were supposed to met with this one woman named Sympathy who we met in a Mango shop. (delicious mangoes by the way) but our appointment fell through. Then we went to Aalen and tried to teach this Ukranian dude and his beautiful daughter, but they weren't home. Haha.

AH. I forgot about Kruger! So last P-day after we emailed and everything, we went to this book store. We were still in our P-day clothes but with our tags on and this guy asks us if we're from Salt Lake. Turns out he met with the Missionaries like 4 years ago for a long time and knew a few from salt lake. We set up an appointment, but he said his house wasn't any good, so we met out in front of the bookstore. So Thursday we meet him there and he offers to buy us some ice cream becasue it's so hot. By the way, all the ice cream here is Gelato and it's delicious. So we have ice cream and talk for like an hour and he's a way cool guy who is like really smart. Then Friday rolls around and we see him again, in the same clothes, holding a loaf of bread. By the way, the bread here is delicious. But we start talking to him and it turns out that he's homeless and has been living in a catholic church where they gave him the bread for breakfast. And he bought us ice cream! What a champion. We are going to save a little money and make sandwiches for all of us and invite him and try to buy him a new shirt or something. So then the rest of friday was pretty good. We went to Aalen and helped a lady named Uschi with garten work. it was way cool. She's not a member, but her extremely old uncle is. He's practically deaf, but I love talking to him at church because he yells. He's a champ. He's actually a former Nazi soldier, but we won't go in to that. Then we went back to Ellwangen and had dinner with Schwester Meier, this awesome Scottish lady who always cooks us schnitzel. We're going back to her place tonight to make french toast for her and her non member husband and subliminally convert him. haha. Next thing he knows he'll be drying off from his baptism.

Saturday was way good too. We (my comp and I) started doing our personal study time in a different church around Ellwangen every day. The church's are so beautiful! And they are way old. It's a lot of fun. The Church's here are delicious by the way. Then we went to Swäbisch Gmünd and taught Kevin and James and Ebuku. It was way cool.

Then Sunday we went to church and ate at the Grahovac's, a legit family from Croatia. She made the best weinerschnitzel and mashed potatoes. The weinerschnitzel is delicious by the way. And NOT a hot dog. Haha. Then we went and taught abduhl, who was in need of a little cash so I bought his guitar from him for 7 euro. Seven euro!! Awesome deal. So now we both have a guitar and I bought a cheap ukulele too. We already started wreiting a song! My companion also bought some weights from him. So we're going to get ripped.

Then yesterday. Sorry I didn't email! Usually I will email on Monday each week, but we had Zone Conference so I didn't get to. It was great though! We went to Stuttgart to meet with a bunch of other districts in our zone and hear from President Miles. And Jenna and Jeff, guess who's in my zone! Elder and Sister Blodgett! They are legit. They got a picture so expect one from them haha. That's pretty much all we did yesterday. It took forever to get to Stuttgart, and forever to get back. So that's my week! Sorry this is so long.

So a few of you have asked how to send money? That's great! Hahaha. But what would be easiest is to give it to mom and have her put it in my account so I can pull it out on my debit card here. And remember, if you sent anything to the mission home, I won't get it for a while because they didn't have anything for me at this zone conference. So make sure to send stuff to that address I gave you. And mom, we get money each week to buy groceries and stuff, so don't worry about that. Me and my comp are flat broke right now and have only had like 15 cents for a whole week because our food money didn't come in. But it should be in tomorrow so we don't starve. Good thing we had some stuff in food storage.

I hope all is going well at home! I love you all! The work is progressing! Also, the internet sucks and I wasn't able to upload all my pics. But I'll do the rest next week.

The church is true!

Mit Liebe,
Elder Heinrich

No comments:

Post a Comment