Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 5...

July 18th, 2011

Hallo!
Email is so stressful here. What with a red count down timer ticking every second, and I usually just reply to my new emails. Sorry!

The MTC is rockin'. I really do love it. But I can't wait to get out in the field. Can you believe that Wednesday will be my 5 week mark?? I'm already passed my MTC Halfway point! Yeah!

Guess what? Me and my companion were made Zone Leaders yesterday! So basically we are in charge of the whole German Branch... about 51 missionaries! It's crazy but it's a ton of fun. I've learned that I need to be a good example to my zone. It's a challenge, but its so rewarding! I've just been trying to lead by serving everyone in our zone. I love it !

Everything else is going awesome though. My German is getting way better too. The total immersion in the classroom really helps! And Tuesdays and thursdays, our district can only speak German for the whole day. It helps a bunch! And we got new German Missionaries two weeks ago! It's fun to coach them on the ways of the Jedi. And on the 27th we get some new ones again! Except now that we are ZL's, we get to give them the welcome and the tour and everything. Sweet!

I've learned that I struggle with patience. In fact, that's the Christ-like attributej that I've been working on since I got here. And the first day I preayed for patience? my rommates, 3 of them, and I got locked out of our room during shower time in just our towels. and we had to wait for some other elders to get dressed and go get us a spare key! But it was a good trial of patience. I've really been working on myself to come closer to Christ here. It's tough though. He's so perfect!

I'm getting a little fat... haha. It's tough when they give you tons of food and then you just sit there for hours. But I play soccer like everyday and have been working out too. Guess what else? My dad sent me dew! Yay Babylon! That's pretty much it for this week. Oh, I'll be sending you pics on like Wednesday. Sorry! I couldn't get around to ordering them until today.
Love you so much!

Herzlich,
Elder Heinrich




No comments:

Post a Comment