Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 12...

Ich lebe immernoch! Haha.

This week has been way good. We have been working really hard and finding a ton of people. It's awesome! On Wednesday after our Tuesday-P-Day, we met with a German lady named Renada Bart who is awesome. Unfortunately, her son took his own life a few months ago and she was searching for answers about where he is and what happens now. She asked the Catholic priests but they just said that he wasn't baptized so he wasn't saved. But that's why we have the Plan of Salvation! We met with her and went over the second lesson and it was really good. My German is getting better, slowly.. I could understand like everything though and I think we helped her a lot. After that we met with some of the Refugees in the Heim and taught the restoration to a really nice Ukrainian family. I don't think I could count all the different nationalities of the people I've taught here. Germany is such a diverse place.

Anyway, Thursday we started our Super-Tausch. And Austausch is an exchange when the Missionaries in two different areas switch companions for a day. Well, a Super-Tausch is where the two elders from another area come and spend the night and we all work together for a couple days. So the Göppingen Elders came and we went to Swäbisch Gmünd and taught some more Refugees. Then we went back to Ellwangen and played Basketball with some of our friends there. It was sweet! Then Friday we went to Göppingen and we taught some people there with them. Then that night we went to meet the Legendary Dietmar Funk. He is this awesome guy who has tried every drug in existence. Think about Jack Sparrow and plop him in Germany and there's Dietmar. He's so cool. He lived in India for 12 years and is super spiritual. Not so religious though. Haha. He has a book of Mormon and he's probably studied every single word five times. He just doesn't want to be baptized yet. He loves meeting with and feeding the Missionaries though. So when we were there he made this HUGE burger full of crazy vegetables and spices and stuff. We put in on noodles and it was delicious. Also, a big thing here in Germany is that when someone feeds you they expect you to eat everything. Like, everything. I've never been so stuffed as I was at this eating appointment. I probably gained like 5 kilos in one sitting. It was awesome. Anyway, after we met with Dietmar, we went back to the Göppingen Elder's apartment and spent the night. Then Saturday morning we went out on the street and had an Ausstellung. I think that translates to like a street display. We talked with people walking down the street in the market and gave out Books of Mormon. I gave out 2! It was sweet. Then me and my companion went back to Ellwangen and met with Abduhl and read in the Book of Mormon. Then we had Church yesterday and met with the Stoppe familie who fed us a physically impossible amount of food. I was just praying not to throw up. Haha. It was so good though. They made these potato cake thingys that were kind of like pancakes but way better with applesauce and creme on top. SO GOOD!!! And today we have P-Day! It's great!

I can't describe how good it is out here. I love it! It's hard sometimes, but the blessings that I've seen from the Gospel are worth it. I just want to share it with everyone! And especially love being in Germany. Sometimes I walk down the streets in our town and just think how cool it is that these buildings are hundreds of years old. Wish you all could be here! I was going to upload more pictures, but this computer isn't working. And this Indian dude's idea of fixing the internet is turning the computer monitor on and off. Haha. No really though. He did that when it wasn't working before.... Anyway. I love you all! The church is true!

Mom and Darrell- I'm good. Haha. Don't worry though. The spirit won't lead us anywhere that there isn't someone ready to hear the gospel there. Yeah they ring the Church bells every hour, sometimes half an hour. But there's so many churches that it's kind of annoying. Haha. And yes, they have peanut butter here. And American white bread, but it's expensive. The only thing I need is a jacket. It's getting colder, especially when it rains. And I don't have anything to wear on P-Day. So if you could send me my brown nice jacket and maybe my grey zip up hoodie. That would be awesome :)

Jenna - Yo dawg. I haven't heard from you for a couple weeks. So please write me :) Also, I took a look at my blog. Week 2? I'm on like week 15! Haha. But if you could update that a little that would be nice! Love you!

Kellie and Garret - Thanks for finally emailing me Garrett. Haha, just kidding. Sounds like everything is good back home though! Love you both!

Grandpa and Grandma Hefley - I'm still trying to figure out my mission boundaries as well. Haha. But I'll try to find a map and send it to you. My town I'm in is up near Stuttgart, north of Munich. And you can send me hard copy mail if you want! It will just take me a little longer to reply. Love you!


K, bye.

Herzlich,
Elder Heinrich

No comments:

Post a Comment