Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 10...

August 22nd, 2011

Hallo Familie!!

I made it! So the flight to München was like 3 weeks long. But I survived. We got into München at around 8 in the morning, then the AP's came and picked us up. Then we went on a train to the mission home and were given a Buch Mormon to hand out. The first guy I talked to was Obi from Nigeria! It was legit. He wanted a copy, but I only had German so I got his info and we'll send him one. It was sweet! Anyway, we spent that night in the mission home and got our assignments the next day, so Wednesday.

Guess where I am! Ha! Wrong. I'm in a little German town called Ellwangen (Pronounced Ell-vahn-gen) near Stuttgart. It's legit! Our area is huge, and it's green everywhere you look! There's a lot of farms here, but there's also like a city center that looks exactly like you'd imagine a small German town to look. I'll see if I can send some pictures. Wait, I just asked the Indian dude at this internet cafe thing and he said I need to bring my USB cord. So I'll do that next week. Anyways. It's so cool!

Oh, and my trainers name is Elder Graff from Spanish Fork. He's way tight. Remember how I said I got along with my MTC companion? Well. Not entirely... haha. But this guy is way sweet. We have really similar personalities and sense of humor. He plays the guitar so we're going to look for a Ukulele here. There around 35 euro for a decent one, and that's cheaper than sending my other one here. So we'll pick one up soon.

Our apartment is so nice! I hear it's tied for nicest one in our mission. We have 2 bedrooms, but one is for sleeping and the other is for clothes and crap. And we have a way big living room with a sweet view. We also have a balcony! It's legit. And the best part? The castle that's right in our backyard on top of this hill. Yeah, a castle. Haha! It's so awesome! You can also see most of the town from our balcony. There's a few way big churches that are a few hundred years older than America. We toured around them Saturday night. They're insane! There's a few catholic and evangelisch? I think that's protestant in English.. So basically my area is beautiful and I love it.

It's huge too! They speak a different dialect of German here called Swäbisch. In Germany, their dialects are like completely different languages. It makes it really easy to understand what everyone is saying. Just kidding! Haha. We take trains to different cities almost everyday and proselyte there. In Swäbisch Gmünd, there's a refugee home for Africans and stuff who run away for political reasons or whatever. We taught this man John and his family there, and they want to get baptized! There's also Ebuku, Debo, and Charles that we're teaching there. It's awesome! We're teaching a ton of people, but I've only taught in German like 2 times here haha. Germany really is such a diverse country. There's TONS of immigrants from all over the world. It's great! I really do love it here, but I miss some of the stuff that America has. Like big cars. Haha! The cars here are tiny! All of them!! It's insane. I haven't seen one truck. And like EVERYONE drives a bmw or mercedes or audi. Is that how you spell it? German is ruining my english. Psh. Germany is great though.

AND THE FOOD!! Schnitzel is the greatest thing ever invented. It's so good! Everything is so different though. Like today just barely for lunch we had open face sandwiches (Just a piece of bread on bottom) with this spicy mustard. One of my sandwhiches just had raw salmon on it. That was pretty good. Then I had one with Schwarzwurst, or Black sausage, and it looks the same as it sounds. Basically, one of the main ingredients was pigs blood. haha. It was way good though. We went shopping for all of our food today. These Germans eat weird. But I'm being really open about everything and trying EVERYTHING haha. It's sweet! They also drink everything carbonated. Including their water. Story! So me and my comp were doing service for the Grahovac's in the ward in there backyard taking machettes to a ton of weeds and stuff in their back yard. anyway, we were working way hard and Frau Grahovac gives me a big bottle of water. I open it up and take a big swig, and my mouth exploded. Haha. It was horrible. Especially after being so hot and working so hard. It was funny.

Oh! Also, it's way hot here. Like, 32 degrees celcius! Haha. I don't know what that is in farenheit. But it's hot. And HUMID. Like, the deep south Florida or something. It's intense. Especially wearing Missionary clothes everywhere. And air conditioning doesn't exist here. At all. It's really hot. But I'll live. So yeah!

Everything is way good. The work is moving forward! Since I've been here we've committed 6 people to baptism! It's so cool. And the ward is great!! Like, legendary among missionaries. They cook for us like 4 times a week and are just amazing. This Sunday I stood up during sacarament and introduced myself and bore my testimony, everything in German. They said I did pretty good. The only problem here is understanding people. It's not as bad as how they speak in Bavaria, but still pretty bad.

I don't think there's anything I need here except money. Haha. I don't really though. I'll be ok. OH!! DON'T SEND ANYTHING TO THE MISSION HOME!!! The Lommelstraße address. I can only get that mail every 12 WEEKS!! Gah! So send everything to the address below. And Jenna or Kellie, could you post it on facebook and tell peeps to send stuff there? Thanks!

Elder Scott Alan Heinrich
Kirche Jesu Christi
Dalkinger Str. 11#
23429, Ellwangen
Deutschland

I love you all!! And remember to email me before Sunday night, because I'll write back around 5 AM your time Monday morning. Auf wiedersehen!

Mit Liebe,
Elder Heinrich

No comments:

Post a Comment