Friday, July 15, 2011

Week 2...

June 27th, 2011

Man! These days are long, but this week flew by! German is going good! We've taught like 7 lessons completely auf Deautsch now, and I'm really getting the hang of it! I am trying to help people out. It is kind of hard here, but I've just been trying to include some of the quieter elders and get to know them and stuff. It's pretty fun.

So guess who was here last week. Pretty much all the General Authorities! The First Presidency, The quorum of the twelve, and a whole bunch of the seventy. ! No... I did not personally see them :( They were training all the new Mission Presidents that are shipping out in a month. And I got to meet my new President!! His name is President Miles. he seems really loving and really cool. I can't wait to serve with him! He said he's going to be a "White Bible President"... So he'll be a stickler on the rules. But that's good for me!! Haha...

Not much has changed. Me and my companion are still getting along, and we are working together really well now. He's learning German really fast, but I still have to translate sometimes during lessons. The schedule here is hard, but fulfilling. I'm never actually read and studied the Book of Mormon as much as I do here. We have like 3 hours of personal study every day and I am just tearing through it. I'm already in Alma and I started when I got here.

But yeah! Everything is going awesome! Keep the mail coming! You guys can use dearelder.com to write a letter and they'll print it out and five it to me the next day for free! It's awesome! And you can send me cookies (wink,wink...) I am surely missing my Dew... :( So if you ever feel like sending me some of that as well, don't hesitate- haha

More to come next week! The church is so true!

Herzlich,
Elder Heinrich

No comments:

Post a Comment